PG Dive (Boston area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Souvy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, I've been going to PG Dive for a while now and I've been meaning to put up a post about them for quite some time (about a year). They're actually having a big sale this weekend (Saturday and Sunday), so I thought this would a good a time as any.

First off, no I do not work for them or have any economic interest in the store whatsoever.

That being said, the shop is incredible. If you're in the area and haven't been there, you are seriously remiss. They have REALLY competitive prices on everything and the folks there are really just something else. I've picked up a few things there and there is never any pressure to buy and you can always count on great, impartial advice from people that care about one thing ... diving.

What impresses me the most is the pro-diving things the shop does. They run free guided shore dives every weekend. In addition, air fills are free as well. Regardless of where you stand (and please lets not to get into it here) on the whole local dive shop vs. online debate, THIS is the kind of thing you want to support as a diver. The shop really offers so much to divers.

Another great thing the shop does is offering free discover scuba classes once a month or so. I've been talking a friend of mine's ear off about diving since I began and he eventually decided to do the discover class since it was free. He loved it and I get another dive buddy out of it :).

In addition to free shore dives led by great DMs and free air fills, PG also has the occasional BBQ (with excellent ribs I might add) and social event to get everyone together. It's really a great atmosphere and everyone there is just out of this world.

Also, did I mention they run great dive trips? I just went on one recently and had a blast. It was a ton of fun and really well run.

I was so impressed with the shop that my girlfriend decided to go there to get her OW certification. I personally haven't taken a class there, but she raved about it. Knowing some of the instructors from stopping by the shop, I have no doubt their training is top notch.

In short, PG Dive really promotes diving and a just has a great vibe. After all, how could you possibly go wrong with a store that has a dedicated Director of Fun (who excels at the position I might add)? These guys are really in it for the love of diving and you can see that with everything they do for divers and even in the way they speak to customers, there's never a hard sell and you can be assured they won't suggest something to you just because it's more expensive.

I will not go anywhere else, I've never been to a dive shop that does so much to promote diving and this is something that I truly want to support (which is the motivation for the post).

If you get a chance, stop in and check it out. If you're looking for gear, this would be a good weekend with the sale and all and they stand behind everything they sell. If not, just stop in and chat with them or ask any questions you might have, everyone there is great and really informative and helpful. If you're totally new to diving, stop by and ask about a discover class.

So, kudos to PG Dive for promoting diving in the area, keep up the excellent work!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom