PG before Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got back from Anilao yesterday and I'm heading out somewhere again on Wednesday for 3 more days of pre-Christmas diving. I didn't make a booking because I wanted to keep things flexible, but I just ruled out Camiguin because it's too complicated to get there and so I'm hoping to go to PG instead. I've usually stayed with Scandinavian Divers there, but I just called and they are fully booked. Usually they've always had rooms available, so if they are fully booked, then maybe everyone is fully booked? Should I risk it and just show up on the first Wednesday ferry or what would you suggest? I'd like to rent manifolded doubles, so that would be plus (but if not available I can use independent doubles) - just rec diving though. Something cheap and flexible.

chip104:
see if philtech divers can help you out with renting manifolds. Here are a bunch of dive shop numbers in the Manila area: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=79046&page=3

I'd try call first on PG. It's busy right now cause school got off last week and work is ending wednesday. Does it matter what beach you're at in PG?

Well I was just able to get room for one night at El Galeon. Once I'm there I can hopefully do a few dives with Asia Divers/Tech Asia because they'll have manifolded doubles for sure, and then at night I can walk around and find a cheaper place to stay and another to dive at. It's not just about money though, I generally prefer to avoid the most popular places because they are usually crowded whereas smaller groups tend to offer more flexibility and better equipment availablity, plus I also want a place that's flexible. Some PADI resort consider 30m to be the rec limit unless you've taken their deep diver specialty course - whereas Planet Dive (NAUI) considers 40m sites to be within recreational limits for AOW (and probably experienced OW) divers.

About shops in Manila, I'm not sure what you are suggesting. I don't want to rent the tanks over here because they are a bit too much to lug around all the way to PG.

By the way, how much do you guys pay (buy not rent) for manifolds and tank bands/bolts over here in Manila?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom