PG and Anilao question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dna77054

Registered
Reaction score
Next April I will be diving 10 days in PG. My group is looking for a short add on (4-5) days. Does the diving in Anilao differ much from the diving in PG? I know they are geographically very close.

Is there another area I should consider for an add-on that is, transportationally speaking, convienent?

Thanks
MIke

Does the diving in Anilao differ much from the diving in PG?... Yes, it differs. But depends how close you pay attention to detail. Some people will always look at a reef as just another reef.

you can try subic if you want a definitive change in the diving.

Last edited:
Puerto Galera vs Anilao;
It will depend on what you are looking for. Puerto Galera, Sabang/Little LaLaguna area has a bit of night life, (Sabang more that Little LaLaguna). Anilao is supposed to have the better dives, but Puerto Galera more variety of dives. Puerto Galera has more novice dives than Anilao with more intermediate dives. PG can offer Deep dives, Drift dives, Verde Is. and much more.
Anilao is just a drive from Manila, with PG is a drive then a boat ride, (45-60 minutes). for that time you could get another dive in.
You won't be disappointed with either, for the diving. Anilao is quieter than Little LaLaguna. :D :D

I wonder how they each compare price wise. Eating is fairly cheap in Anilao, but you must eat at the resort you are staying at. It is a long walk between resorts. Rooms to me ,(in Anilao), are a bit on the high side as they usually charge per head + extra if you use AC. The diving is mostly all by banca with DM. I paid anywhere from P1500-P1800 for banca and P1200 for the DM. If you are diving by yourself it gets expensive, but you can share the costs if others are with you. The diving in Anilao can be 5 minutes away from the resort up to 45+ minutes if you do sombero island, macaban island, (tinloy). One thing that is true is that during the week Anilao is pretty much quite, almost deserted. Heck when I go, I'm usually the only one staying at the resort during the week days. but come the weekend, it really changes. All the people from Manila making the drive Friday night or early Saturday morning and the resorts are packed full. I've gone on the weekends and you can't even get a DM as they are all booked up. You want quite, go weekdays. There is no night life, but that's okay with me most times. Hey on another note, we are returning to puerto galera next April as well for a 10 day diving trip.

If you are heading north to Manila after your inital stay in Puerto Galera,then why not come and check out the diving in Subic?

If you want something different from the coral reefs of PG, then you have the option of world class wreck diving just distance away. There are over a dozen diveable wrecks, all inside the calm confines of Subic Bay, including USS New York (Battle Cruiser), Orukyo Maru (the famous 'hellship'), serveral US landing craft, a freighter, Japanese patrol boat and a steam galleon from the Spanish-American war. If you are tech qualified, then there is also the option of an F4 Phantom jet. There are some decent reefs here as well....

More info HERE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom