Pez Leon, new record for Joe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Last Tuesday Afternoon September 2nd, myself and Pez Leon slayer extraordinaire Sallye went hunting. We've hunted together before and I always seem to get "buck fever" on some of the bigger ones. Not this time! :D
This one I was told to be 38-40cm. We didn't measure it but I'll take Sallye's word for it:

After I speared it I took out the EMT shears and one blade snapped off. I had it pinned into the sand until Sallye worked her way over and put the Coup de grace on the beast. A bit later we got two keepers, that were separated by a couple of feet under a ledge. We took them out in in stereo at about the same instant. It was awesome!

We took the catch to La Perlita. After some discussion as to how many meals we could get from our catch. Sallye took one for the team and had the catch of the day, when in fact there was enough of the Pez Leon for all of us. My buddy Fred had the Pez Leon Kabobs.

Sherry and I had the Coconut Crusted Pez Leon with Mango Salsa.

I sampled both dishes and they are both good. We ate at La Perlita twice last week. Mmmm....
This comes from a guy that didn't eat fish three years ago.
Good Times!!!!!

Last edited:
Go get-em, 7 days until I can get back to hunting, hope to get to the far North. 40 CM is awesome, congratulations.

Not sure which is bigger, the lionfish or your smile. Nice job.

That's a nice looking fish, it looks even nicer on the plate..

Did you nail it up north?

It was a fine fish Joe! Thank you for all the props... The last of the coconut lionfish went very well on a sesame dressed salad. Yum!

I think I may ask for the lionfish prepared the way my fish was the other night. The sauce was light, and I think would go well.

I met Steve of Tres Pelicanos at Caleta today. You have definitely helped my lionfish hunting reputation precede me!
We traded spear and hunting stories. Fun stuff!

Wish you were headed back this way soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom