Petrel Straps and Bungee Mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a Petrel a few months ago and got to do about a dozen dives with it last week. It is a great deco/ tec computer and very easy to read in the dark. I used the supplied buckled straps with a 3mm wetsuit and could not keep it in it's place all the time without putting it so tight I was unable to buckle the straps or cut of the circulation to my hand. I was thinking of trying the supplied bungee mounts. Has anyone tried the bungee mounts and what was your experience with them. I use a drysuit most of the time, but also use a wetsuit from time to time.

Thanks

Marissa at Cave Country Dive Shop in High Springs, FL had a cool bungie setup on hers. Give her a call she 's the shop manager.

Tony Flaris

Bungiee mounts work great. If you're using a cuff ring system on your drysuit, you may have some trouble getting bungiee loops big enough to stretch over the rings but small enough to be snug when diving a 3mm wetsuit.

Depends on how you configure it. I have DSS boots on my bottom timer and SK7. I also will switch between a dry suit and 3 mil or even a skin. The solution I came up with is to put the bungee on and adjust length for the dry suit. Then when switching to something lighter I pull up enough of the bungee to be snug on both sides. Creates a small loop if you will in each strap. Then take a small light duty zip tie and catch the loops. You could also use a short piece of cave line as well. When it's time to go back to the thicker suit - cut the zip tie or line and voila! Adjustment for thinner suit undone.

What size bungee/surgical tube are folks using? I've currently got 3/16" bungee on mine, but the knots are a bit small for my liking (I've had one pull through the holes in the bungee mount straps). Need to replace as they are a bit short and considering something besides 3/16" or just not pulling my knots as tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom