Petrel - Advanced Configuration Screen 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Could someone explain this menu? Are these the partial pressure of Oxygen at maximum operating depth? Should I leave these alone or change them? Manual states not to alter them but I would prefer knowing the reasons behind the logic. My Petrel is configured of OC only (32% Nitrox). Adv Config 2 shows:

OC Min PP02 0.19
OC Max PP02 1.65
OC Deco PP02 1.61

Assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

O.

That is correct. Settings vary from person to person but this is what I have mine set to.

Max P02 of 1.4
Minimum of .21
Deco P02 of 1.6

Im only OC and no trimix, so I dont use a petrel to its full potential.

Hello:

Could someone explain this menu? Are these the partial pressure of Oxygen at maximum operating depth? Should I leave these alone or change them? Manual states not to alter them but I would prefer knowing the reasons behind the logic. My Petrel is configured of OC only (32% Nitrox). Adv Config 2 shows:

OC Min PP02 0.19
OC Max PP02 1.65
OC Deco PP02 1.61

Assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

O.

They are the settings you use for both the maximum PPO2 for bottom gas and deco gas and the minimum PPO2 setting. You set the max PPO2 and the computer will tell you when you reach them and will also recommend gas changes based on these settings. The low PPO2 being when you are using Trimix etc and have the potential to go below say 0.18 on ascent.

Mine are set for;

Max P02 of 1.5
Minimum of .18
Deco P02 of 1.5

Thank you for finding this. I will need to change the min ppo2, as at altitude the petrel always complains of low ppo2 on the surface :) Didn't bother me that much but this will fix the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom