Petrel 2, O2 Setup, Sol Depth Comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Sven-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

today I looked at the O2 Setup menu page (Petrel 2, rEvo) to adjust the Sensor Disp(lay). On the menu page I found the option Sol Depht Comp - on/off. But I can't find an explanation for that option in the manual. Any idea what's the use of it?

Thanks - Sven

Now: how do you use the new setting: “Solenoid Depth Compensation”?

rEvo Hybrid Models: Use OFF setting!

The solenoid is supplied by an ‘absolute pressure’ or ‘fixed pressure’ first stage. This means as the depth increases, the solenoid supply pressure does not change with respect to surface pressure, so the gas density of the supply gas stays the same, the solenoid on-time remains the same as it would on the surface. Thus, no depth compensation needed or wanted.

rEvo eCCR Models: Use ON setting!

On an eCCR, the solenoid is supplied by a normal, ‘depth compensating’ first stage, so the supply pressure is always a fixed amount above ambient pressure. However, since gas density now rises as the depth increases, the solenoid on-time must shorten, to create the same rise in PPO2 with each injection, as compared to on the surface. Thus, depth compensation is needed. If the depth compensation is not active in pure eCCR diving, the controller tend to overshoot at great depths.

The default on rEvo controllers is OFF. (diving in hybrid mode)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom