Petrel 2. Is there easy way to add category for visibility (ft/m) into desktop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walkonmars

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks,

I have owed a Petrel 2 for two years and like the computer a lot.
Is there any way we can add a "dive details" category to the desktop?
I usually need to enter the visibility estimate into the "Notes" or the "Other" category on the bottom of the details tile on the right. This would seem like a popular and widely used statistic in describing a dive and location. My wish would be new a drop down category in the "Specific Details" group and you would click the arrow on a "visibility" category and number choices from "0" to "200" plus "other" would drop down. Then we could track or group dives with visibility less or greater than a value desired.

On a side note:
The Petrel has significantly helped me become a safer diver. My routine is to use long safety stops for every dive at 30, 20 and 10 ft. I always change the screen to the "tissue status" screen and monitor it while during my stops. It helps me practice being patient during the wait with holds and stops. In the past, this was a "painfully irritating" part of my ascent. I have since learned to monitor my tissue screen and look at finer details floating in the water. Please DO NOT remove this feature with future firmware updates. Thanks for putting it in, nevertheless.

Side note 2: It seems my excessively long safety stops (combined 6 minutes or more) make me feel less tired during my 2 hour drive home (after a 2 day, 7-8 dive trip). Is there any truth to this or am I just excited from a great trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom