Petrel 2 flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bumcikaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i have a petrel2 dive can on my prism2 rebreather, yesterday after a shallow dive i have noticed some moisture under the screen, battery compartment was dry, took the battery out right away, got home took the plexi glass screen cover off and about 1/2-1ml of water came out from inside of the computer, oring had no grease on it and is not damaged at all, stuck it into silica gel overnight, put the plexi glass back on after greasing the oring, computer is dead completely, i did not touch the lcd screen just put computer on the side to drain the water out
Is it common for petrel to get flooded? I had my back up perdix on other hand and it's perfectly fine. Photo was taken 2-3 minutes after the dive

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 274
I've never heard of one flooding! That says Hollis on it... is it actually a Petral with a sticker on it?
I just had an amazing "service experience" with Shearwater, but I wonder how they will feel now that you have removed the screen.

Was the flood in saltwater? I don't think I've ever met a piece of electronics that survived a salt-water bath... :-(

Its a petrel2
It has shearwaters dive can for electronics, which was already sent back to hollis for a repair fue to some loose connection inside of it somewhere, mind that my unit has less than 5 hours of bottom time also
I took the glass off because i was trying to save the unit, its a long weekend and they're in Canada, being flooded for a week wouldn't help and it happened in freshwater quarry

If was coming thru the oring, it just came back from hollis, they checked the cord because before petrel wouldn't have connection to the head, look at the picture, when i took glass off, it was wet everywhere around oring and some water came out from inside, i got perdix and predator, and those are bulletproof, happy with them, hopefully this one was just a bad luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom