Petrel 2 and Petrel Log Manager from DiveNav

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am unable to see my Petrel 2 bluetooth on my Galaxy S5 using the Bluetooth manager under apps , and I am unable to see the Petrel 2 with Petrel Log Manager on the S5.
The Petrel 2 seems to work fine with Bluetooth on my desktop and laptop PCs.
My old Petrel 1 (now sold) worked with an ASUS TF700 tablet, but the Petrel 2 does not.

Is there a Bluetooth issue with the Petrel 2 and Android?
My Petrel 2 is SW V28, HW 2.4.0.

Thanks.

Hi Tursiops,

We are working with DiveNav to solve this problem.

Generally there is not a problem with Android and the Petrel 2. For example, using my Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1 I have been able to download without problems using a both a Petrel 1 and 2. Fundamentally there should be no problem, and I suspect the problem will be solved with either a software or firmware fix.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Thanks for the quick response.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to provide more info, or test anything.
This is not an urgent or life-threatening issue....but it would be nice to clear it up!

It looks like we are getting closer to solve this "mystery" as the new Petrel 2 FW we got last week seems to be working we all smartphones we have access to.

Tyler,
you might want to send the firmware also to tursiops so he can check it with his smartphone.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Still hoping. Any progress, guys?

Hi Tursiops,

We have addressed the issue, and it will be released in an upcoming firmware version. We expected this to be released in about 1 month. I am sorry about the delay.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Hi Tursiops,

We have addressed the issue, and it will be released in an upcoming firmware version. We expected this to be released in about 1 month. I am sorry about the delay.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Terrific. Thanks. One month won't help my next dive trip, but it will for the one after that.

Back
Top Bottom