Petite Woman (5'0") Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcsanity

Reaction score
Hello there!

My wife asked me to post this question for her. She is beginning to look for a wetsuit because the rentals have been either so sloppy or too tight in the chest.

She is 5'0" and has a large chest compared to the rest of her frame size. We are having trouble finding a suit that fits her well. She said that it seems like all of the ones close to the right size height wise are nearly flat in the chest.

Do you ladies have any suggestions? Basically looking for a 3 mil.

Thanks so Much. :wink:

I'm afraid I don't know where you would get one in Texas, but I have a made to measure 3mm, and it made a big difference to my diving.

I'm petite in height, but not in any way skinny, and finding a wetsuit that fit was sometimes tricky - one dive boat had those horrible ones that zip up diagonally, and it was a shorty, so if it was big enough to close over all the curves, it gaped at the legs. I thought this inbuilt flush mechanism would make it slightly inefficient at maintaining warmth

Also, do a search on the exposure suits forum - I have seen some threads there about hyperstretch wetsuits, which would be an alternative.

Custom made is likely the best way to go.

Contact Carol, the owner of Liquidfit, at http://www.liquidfit.com. Tell her I sent you. She'll work with your wife until she's absolutely satisfied.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I would at least try a Henderson Hyperstretch. Chances are someone local carries the line. They are incredibly stretchy and can fit very different body types.

Rachel

Make sure you are looking at womens wetsuits not at the mens while shopping for one. Most of the womens suits have bust cups built in now and depending on what size she is on top this may also give some extra room. My wife is in the same situation at 4'11" with a DD bust, she went with a custom suit and it fits nice. Dive safe and have a great day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom