Personalized diving mask (slap) strap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foxx

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I was wondering if someone may know where could I find personalized diving mask straps? I have been looking around many sites but unfortunately haven't found much.
There is site https://www.divegearexpress.com/ which seems to let you personalize your mask strap but it is quite limited (3 fonts and handful colours).

As I am living in Europe then it should be preferably some online shop in this region. Has anyone got his custom strap if yes then maybe you share your experience? :)

i bought a regular slap strap and took it to the mall, where there was a kiosk that did embroidery on things like ball caps. have them stretch it slightly as they sew it so it will stretch on your head. :)

i bought a regular slap strap and took it to the mall, where there was a kiosk that did embroidery on things like ball caps. have them stretch it slightly as they sew it so it will stretch on your head. :)

That's actually great idea! In the mall's they do printings on the t-shirts etc.. Probably they can print some text on slap strap as well. Even better would be sewing indeed!
Thanks!

-I draw the picture on an A4 paper
-Stick the rear with thin double sided tape. Make sure the double sided tape covers every edge of your drawing.
-Cut the outline with pen knife.
-Then remove the shades which i want to print on my mask strap.
-Remove the protection film of the double sided tape and mask it onto the mask strap so that the image is exposed on the neoprene.
-Spray with plastidip multiple layer. It make take some patience. Make sure the previous layer is dried before u spray new layer on it. (Reason for plastidip is due to its corrosion resistance and stretchable characteristic)
-Remove the paper masking

There you go. The customized mask strap.

168c81b335baa9522128e7bc42cb81d8.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom