Performance Diver R1A regulators? Are they rebadged regs of a different brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My LDS has the Performance Diver R1A regulators for sale. First stage and second stage for $200 AUD / 135 USD. It's a really good deal for brand new regulators.

Regulators - performancediver

R01A - Performance Diver - R1A Regulator Set

Unfortunately, I have NEVER heard of this brand, and the last thing I want is to be diving in another country and having no where to service it. The only mention of it I could find is in those two links above. I actually mentioned to the LDS owner that I have never heard of them before and he just looked at me and said "how long have you been diving for?"

So.... am I totally missing something? Am I just dumb? I told him that I bought my HOG regs 10 years ago and haven't looked at regs since.

Are they rebadged regs from a different brand? My HOG regs work great and I'm pretty sure they're clones of Apeks or Hollis so I can probably get them serviced in most places.

My LDS has the Performance Diver R1A regulators for sale. First stage and second stage for $200 AUD / 135 USD. It's a really good deal for brand new regulators.

Unfortunately, I have NEVER heard of this brand, and the last thing I want is to be diving in another country and having no where to service it. The only mention of it I could find is in those two links above. I actually mentioned to the LDS owner that I have never heard of them before and he just looked at me and said "how long have you been diving for?"

So.... am I totally missing something? Am I just dumb? I told him that I bought my HOG regs 10 years ago and haven't looked at regs since.

Are they rebadged regs from a different brand? My HOG regs work great and I'm pretty sure they're clones of Apeks or Hollis so I can probably get them serviced in most places.
So when you ask for more information about a brand you are thinking of purchasing, the response is “how long have you been diving for?” but no actual information? Whatever that says about the brand, it sounds like the store does not deserve your business.

Several of the regulators say they are Italian. Some of the designs look familiar, but I wouldn’t count on that for ease of service. Your concerns are legitimate, and I also have never heard of them. That website provides zero information about the company itself, no contact info or even location. That is not a manufacturer I would choose just to save $100 or so.

I should double check an assumption here: Your profile says you are in the US, but you post the price in two currencies. If "local" is actually Australia, then perhaps that brand is very common. But it is NOT common throughout the world, so you may need to think about where you will travel with It.

I should double check an assumption here: Your profile says you are in the US, but you post the price in two currencies. If "local" is actually Australia, then perhaps that brand is very common. But it is NOT common throughout the world, so you may need to think about where you will travel with It.

It is not common in Australia, I've never seen it. I go there a lot.

At least you can buy service kits from their website. Good for DIY. But don't know how many shops would service them without manuals.

Back
Top Bottom