Peregrine vs Oceanic vt3

Which computer would you pick?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I currently have an oceanic vt3 but looking at a peregrine. I like the peregrine computer better but I also like that the vt3 is AI. If anyone has experience with both of these computers, can you share your thoughts on which one you prefer? Or anyone want to give their advice on which to go with?

The Peregrine would be a great backup for the VT3, run it at a GF high of 95. It will be a little more conservative on the 1st dive, likely more liberal on repetitive dives. I dive a VT3 and a Teric

I would get a shearwater with AI

Unfortunately my budget does not allow me to get the peregrine and use the vt3 as a backup and buying an ai shearwater is not possible. If I got to do more diving I could justify it, but only diving a few times a year I am not willing to spend that much money.

Unfortunately my budget does not allow me to get the peregrine and use the vt3 as a backup and buying an ai shearwater is not possible. If I got to do more diving I could justify it, but only diving a few times a year I am not willing to spend that much money.
Keep your VT3, It's a fine AI computer, I've had mine for 11 years

Scroll 4 threads down and read "Bollocks.......

if you really want to keep the AI feature, then dive the VT3 while you save up for a perdix ai or teric. i own a vt4 with 2 transmitters but dive a petrel. the vt4 is a backup i havent used in nearly 300 dives.

Save the money for diving.
My trusted dive computer is over 20yrs old.
I only replaced broken equipment and age has nothing to do with it.

Yeah enjoy your dives, enjoy what you have and stay away from the fashionable computer fiddlers on the boat

The ones that strap their computer bricks to the roof handrails and forget they're there when they jump in ha!

The ones that strap their computer bricks to the roof handrails and forget they're there when they jump in ha!
Is that what happened diving "Flinders" today, left their computer behind ?
:acclaim:

Back
Top Bottom