Peregrine screen protector - preinstalled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dumb question,

I just bought a Peregrine from an online dive shop and it included a 'replacement screen' protector.

On the new Peregrine there is a decorative cover I can peel off. However, I'm not 100% sure if there is already a protector installed underneath?

I think I see a very thin protector already applied but it's hard to tell because it looks like it runs almost perfectly edge to edge.

Yes, it comes with a factory-installed screen protector. The other one is just an extra replacement. You can buy additional replacements for about 5 bucks.

I'm pretty sure all shearwater computers come with a screen protector already on them.

… or you can be like me and install the replacement on top of the pre-installed one for extra protection. “Yea … of course I meant to do that. Can’t be too safe!” :confused:

I'm straying a little on this thread. Does the Teric also come with the screen protector pre-installed? If so, has that always been the case or did that change at some point in Shearwater's manufacturing with the Teric?

EDIT: Found my own answer on Shearwater's website. Looks like Shearwater announced in late July 2019 Teric dive computers will no longer come with the glass screen protector pre-applied but will come with a PET screen protector you can install yourself. Screen Protector for Teric - Shearwater Research

1654358402379.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom