Perdix with dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reku

Contributor
Reaction score
Great Lakes + Northern Florida + Marsh Harbor
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am at a most difficult cross road in my life. I'm deciding on either buying a 3rd petrel 2 or a Perdix. How does the Perdix handle with thick gloves on and drygloves over that? from the lower profile I'm just concerned that it would be hard to get to the buttons sometimes? Anyone care to shed some light? At the moment I can't really go and look at one. Since I started using shearwater computers nothing else will even do and the only replacement is another shearwater. Thanks for spending my money for me!

I use smurf blue dry gloves with a liner. No problems actuating the Piezo buttons of the former Petrels and current Perdix.

O.

The DUI blue (heavy duty) gloves = no issue to work petrel buttons, which are about the same AFAIK. No worries, really.

I tried my new Perdix last night with Santi dry gloves and inner-glove, and it worked without problem.

Buttons seem to work with thick gloves on the Perdix but the drysuit cuff (removable wrist seals) always seems to get in the way on one side. Pushing it any further up my arm won't work. Love the computer but buttons something like the Suunto EON might be an improvement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom