Perdix Transmitter Battery Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a Perdix and am loving it. I am taking a couple of spare Energizer lithium batteries with me on a Fijian liveaboard next month.

Does anyone have a sense of the battery life on the transmitter? Should I take an extra? Is it easy to change? Will the computer warn you when the transmitter battery is low?

Thank you!

1-should be somewhere around 300 hours ish *remember that is pressurized hours, not dive hours. The transmitter wakes up whenever the reg is pressurized and doesn't "sleep" until it is depressurized*. I've also seen reports of 150 hours, so who knows
2-Can't hurt
3- yes
4-yes

Last edited:

How does the computer warn you? I haven't gone back to the instructions, but I have been searching the computer. I have had it tell me the computer battery was low, but not the transmitter. I haven't been that worried because I also have an SPG.

Look at Page 19 of the Perdix AI Manual. There will be an "AI LOW BATTERY" warning that you must confirm. The display will then have "Low Bat" over the top of the Pressure.

Look at Page 19 of the Perdix AI Manual. There will be an "AI LOW BATTERY" warning that you must confirm. The display will then have "Low Bat" over the top of the Pressure.

OK. I will look it up. It bugs me a little that they don't give a real time battery status for the transmitter like they do with the computer. Or, am I missing something there, too?

It does not show real time. Color will be used. "low Bat" in Yellow means the Battery level is less than 2.75 volts. When it turns Red it is below 2.5 volts. Note that for the transmitter to turn on, the battery level must be greater than 2.75 volts.

I’d be careful about expecting 300 hours. I’ve had the transmitter low battery warning come on after 13 dives. Bad battery I guess, so I always have a couple of spare batteries.

I’d be careful about expecting 300 hours. I’ve had the transmitter low battery warning come on after 13 dives. Bad battery I guess, so I always have a couple of spare batteries.

That came out of an oceanic manual, so figured it would be accurate. Bad batteries do happen though and 0% chance I go anywhere without spares and/or chargers for any sort of technology...

13 dives seems too short. Maybe you are leaving the transmitter pressurized too long. After initial setup of a tank and checking the pressure I release the system pressure to turn off the transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom