Perdix screen glare - tested solution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a Perdix and was disappointed to find screen glare during daytime dives. It’s actually easier to read my Geo 2.

The Perdix appears to have a factory installed screen protector. Has anyone tried removing it, or changing it to a non-glare cover?

Is the protector material/adhesive identical standard electronics screen protectors, or is it special for underwater application?

Anything with a screen is hard to read in direct sunlight, as long as you can read it underwater that's what counts. Also put it on the brightess setting, AA batteries aren't that expensive :)

Does it have a night mode? I find any color screen really difficult to impossible to read in bright sunlight. On my Icon the Night Mode is mostly B&W and very readable, though I have to tip the screen away from direct sunlight or give it a bit of shade. During the night I switch to full color - lol. Just the opposite of intended by designers.

I think you can change text color. I like the light text against the dark background so I’d rather not, but if brightness or some other solution doesn’t help, I’ll try it.

I can’t believe there aren’t many other posts about this - I was able to find one other comment but that’s it.

First time I have ever heard of this. I have been using mine for years all over Caribbean and Florida and have never had an issue.

It's the best computer (in terms of visibility, along the other things) I've ever used, in every condition at every depth.. how you're having this "glare" issue? I'm not sure if the Perdix has a different screen than the Perdix AI that I own, but I don't think so. Set the brightness correctly.

Back
Top Bottom