Perdix = Petrel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are many videos on YouTube about how to use the Petrel DC. Not so many about Perdix. Would the wisdom of the Petrel videos apply to the Perdix, too?

There are many videos on YouTube about how to use the Petrel DC. Not so many about Perdix. Would the wisdom of the Petrel videos apply to the Perdix, too?
I believe that true if it's the Petral II. I've used both and they worked identically - it was just a form factor difference. The same is true for the Perdix AI (except for the added AI functions).

Check out the PDF in the FAQ question "How does the Perdix compare to the Petrel 2?" On the Perdix support page:

Perdix - Shearwater Research

"The firmware feature set is identical to the Petrel 2. The Perdix inherits Shearwater’s
mature, easy to use, and well validated firmware. Both the Perdix and Petrel 2 will continue
to be supported moving forward with free firmware updates."

Largely the same, little details changed with updates. You'll certainly know how to use a Perdix once you saw the menu/display explained on a Petrel. Although I'd say that there's enough on the Perdix out there not to need Petrel content - and in any case, their user manuals are a good and comprehensive read with a strong link to the on-screen displays.

a large amount of readers here have the perdix. What are you interested in finding out? Im no expert on the computer but markmud is pretty darn knowledgeable and he will read this also.

Thank you for the inputs! Yeah, I do have the Perdix manual, but I quite like the Petrel instructional videos, which I saw on YouTube. Then I don’t have to read and there are things you probably can’t try before actual diving - like deco screens, etc. So I thought, maybe I could use them.

Aside from Perdix-specific features like the AI stuff, it will be almost functionally identical to the Petrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom