Perdix/petrel Recreational Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All I have a question about the OC REC mode of the perdix/petrel. Ok I understand that it can allow 3 gases setup for multi-gas dives. What I am wondering is...let's pretend you will not be diving multi-gas dives but let's say you routinely dive 3 different types of gas such as Air, 32% and 36%. Does it make sense to set the 3 gases as these gases and just turn on what you are diving and making sure you shut off what you are not diving or should you just simply always have only one gas setup and just adjust the percentages of that gas?

depends on how diligent you are with gas switches. I leave mine in Tec mode, so get a few more gasses, but O2, Air, 32% are always in there as they are used all the time. I'll shut whatever gasses off I'm not bringing so it doesn't try to let me know I have a better gas available to me, but I wouldn't reprogram it whenever you switch gasses in your tanks. In Tec mode at least it stays on whatever the last gas was, so just verify that the computer thinks it's on the right gas and you'll be fine

Yes

Reactions: Jax
Yes. Set the computer for all there then select the appropriate gas for each dive.

That's how I do it. I have Air, 32% and 33%, as whenever I dive Nitrox, it's almost always 32% or 33%. Simple switching before each dive to get the right mix selected.

All I have a question about the OC REC mode of the perdix/petrel. Ok I understand that it can allow 3 gases setup for multi-gas dives. What I am wondering is...let's pretend you will not be diving multi-gas dives but let's say you routinely dive 3 different types of gas such as Air, 32% and 36%. Does it make sense to set the 3 gases as these gases and just turn on what you are diving and making sure you shut off what you are not diving or should you just simply always have only one gas setup and just adjust the percentages of that gas?

Yes.

I leave mine as above: 21, 32, & 33... A few times I have had to change one to 30 or 31, I change the 33 in this case since 21 and 32 are most common.

If you read the manual, that was the whole point of allowing you to pre-set a bunch of gases and turn off the ones you aren't using and leave the remaining ones active. Personally I don't sweat 31.4% or 32.6% and just leave it as 32/0 (no helium)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom