Perdix not connecting to Cloud mobile app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've tried several times to download some (pool) dives to the Cloud mobile app (iPhone 8 Plus, most recent IOS), but my Perdix times out before it connects to my iPhone.

Any idea what might be happening? The two connected just fine maybe 8 weeks ago when I first bought my Perdix and updated the firmware via the Cloud mobile app.

Perdix connects just fine to Shearwater Desktop to download dives.

I've tried several times to download some (pool) dives to the Cloud mobile app (iPhone 8 Plus, most recent IOS), but my Perdix times out before it connects to my iPhone.

Any idea what might be happening? The two connected just fine maybe 8 weeks ago when I first bought my Perdix and updated the firmware via the Cloud mobile app.

Perdix connects just fine to Shearwater Desktop to download dives.

Did you update to iOS 11.3 in the interim?

I didn't even know there was an IOS update! No notification on my phone yet about it. Off to do that and try downloading dives again.

This isn't quite the same but is related. I had trouble connecting my wife's Perdix to a laptop via Bluetooth even though I'd done it once just after we purchased the computer. After some internet research, Emails to Shearwater and failed experiments, I read that Bluetooth communication can be affected by other wireless devices. I moved laptop and Perdix to a different room and connected first time.

Oddly enough none of this affected my Petrel which leads me to believe that the lower voltage used by the Perdix may be part of the reason.

This isn't quite the same but is related. I had trouble connecting my wife's Perdix to a laptop via Bluetooth even though I'd done it once just after we purchased the computer. After some internet research, Emails to Shearwater and failed experiments, I read that Bluetooth communication can be affected by other wireless devices. I moved laptop and Perdix to a different room and connected first time.

Oddly enough none of this affected my Petrel which leads me to believe that the lower voltage used by the Perdix may be part of the reason.
funny I had same problem updating firmware on my new Perdix Ai because of bluetooth connection problem on my computer, but I used my Iphone to update and was very quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom