Perdix and IOS App suggestion, currently using DiverLog +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone diving a Perdix and downloading dives to an iPhone I would like to hear from you.

I just got a Perdix AI and am looking for advice for IOS based log books. I really like to download right after a dive to my phone and then later sit down and add additional info (buddies, viz, weather, gear) as well as transfer to my paper log.

Im currently use Diverlog + (I had an Aqualung i300c).

what are some insights?

Macdive or Subsurface, depending on which PC OS you use. Obvious Macdive is Mac only, while Subsurface works with most major OSs including Linux.

Both work offline and then sync. Both also offer a GPS tracker mode. Subsurface is a bit more advanced with dive planners and what if scenarios (like different GF). But the Macdive interface is easier to use.

I personally use Macdive.

I use Dive Log on an iPad. It all just works with a Perdix AI and I like it. In particular when you add sites, items of kit and so forth it remembers them for reuse. It it not a dumb text thing, it really knows to offer equipment when add equipment and dive sites when adding dive sites. Seems obvious but others I have had to use were generally just lump sum of text.

I use Shearwater Desktop on the Mac and have no complaints.

Anyone have issues getting it to connect to your phone’s Bluetooth? I put the Perdix into Bluetooth search but it do
I use Dive Log on an iPad. It all just works with a Perdix AI and I like it. In particular when you add sites, items of kit and so forth it remembers them for reuse. It it not a dumb text thing, it really knows to offer equipment when add equipment and dive sites when adding dive sites. Seems obvious but others I have had to use were generally just lump sum of text.

Dive log or diver log +

Anyone have issues getting it to connect to your phone’s Bluetooth? I put the Perdix into Bluetooth search but it do

Dive log or diver log +
I have not. DiveLog is an amazing app. Loads to the iPhone. Gets GPS coordinates of a dive site and shows all the sties on a map. There is an extra step to sync it with an iPad (I wish I didn’t have to do). Otherwise, works great.
Shearwater cloud works well to sync the computer and download the dives but the log is very glitchy on my iPad for some reason.

Timely post. I have been using Shearwaters app, but this is clearly not their forte. I’m playing with Subsurface and it has a ton of features (free too) but the pc part has an interface id expect from a 90s Linux app (creator invented Linux). The iPad/iPhone subsurface app looks very polished. A friend has dive log and likes it, but I’m not seeing a demo option.

I really like Mac-Dive. I don't have a Perdix, but I have two Petrels. The Petrel 2 will transfer directly to the phone, and the Petrel 1 will not. I think the Perdix will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom