Perdix AI transmitter question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyborg Pirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a perdix Ai that is on my single tank regs. I am now wanting to put a transmitter on my doubles regs. (Not replacing the SPG, so let’s go down that path).

The question I have is can I just buy another grey transmitter or do I have to get the yellow one? I will not be using the transmitters at the same time so they shouldn’t interfere with one another. 1 of them set to T1 the other set to T2.

There is a remote chance that 2 grey transmitters will negatively interfere with each other. Most people will not encounter this problem when they use two grey transmitters. The yellow transmitter will send its data at a distinctly different interval from the grey ones thereby drastically reducing the likelihood of any more negative interference. Hope this helps.

There is a remote chance that 2 grey transmitters will negatively interfere with each other. Most people will not encounter this problem when they use two grey transmitters. The yellow transmitter will send its data at a distinctly different interval from the grey ones thereby drastically reducing the likelihood of any more negative interference. Hope this helps.
Even if not used at the same time? One transmitter on an entirely different set of regs, not even on the same dive trip. T1 will be turned off when T2 is in use and vise versa.

Ok dumb question, sorry. but if you not going use them both at the same time why not unscrew the transmitter from one set up and screw it into the other and save the money on buying a second transmitter?
But to help maybe answer your question you will have no problem doing it the way your describing.

I am a Capt on a dive boat as well as an instructor and a tech diver. Different configurations get used in the same day. Gets cumbersome and time consuming to change transmitters. Less chance of forgetting one, also far mor convienient to just grab the hard case with the regs I need do the charter we r running at that time

Two weeks ago. Assisted with an intro to tech course in doubles, that afternoon led a dive charter with recreational divers, evening did a sidemount class checkout demo. As you can see all different configurations and switching a transmitter is just another added piece. (Sidemount transmitters were not used, just showing how much a dive profile can change between charters)

So let's assume that someone has two gray transmitters. How does one go about getting a yellow transmitter in place of a gray one? Are there any trade-ins? I have two transmitters (gray) that have never been used. Just askin….

Cheers -

I am a Capt on a dive boat as well as an instructor and a tech diver. Different configurations get used in the same day. Gets cumbersome and time consuming to change transmitters. Less chance of forgetting one, also far mor convienient to just grab the hard case with the regs I need do the charter we r running at that time
Ok...dumb question answered! I understand and would do the same

Back
Top Bottom