Perdix AI OC Tec Safety Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdN

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just smashed my analogue compass and decided rather than replacing it I would use the Perdix compass (its fantastic wish I had ditched the analogue earlier).

The only issue I have in OC Rec mode you have to switch screens to view the compass and it takes away your AI data, in octec mode you can use a mini compass but then there is no safety stop timer any more, I'm guessing in octec is only give you Deco timers.

Can any confirm this is the case because I dont think there's an option to add mini compass to ocrec or add safety stop timer to octec. Both are things I want and it doesn't seem like there is mode that has both.

Yes I'm on v87, and I've got the mini compass on that screen but in oc tec mode doesn't seem to use a safety stop timer

i did not notice any count up timers, the "stop" and "time" stayed blank entire 1hr dive at 14m.

Edit: I had my last stop set to 3m not 6m that may have been why.

You need to set "Clear counter" to "On" under deco setup. Then you get a timer after clearing deco or, in the NDL case, when reaching safety stop depth.

IMG_2693.JPG

Wish shearwater would make the word Air or nx32 customisable in nitrox mode so it can be a compass, or have the compass overlay like it does on the teric.

There's a "mini compass" that can be displayed on the centre row in tec mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom