Perdix AI newbie question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocGP

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Only have about 18 dives under belt, but stepped up to an AI system. Stupid newbie question, but do you remove the transmitter and put it in the little storage box every time or just leave it connected? Much danger of damaging it in transit? I travel with the regulator setup in my carry on, so try to baby it.

Any help appreciated.

Doc

My PPS transmitter has been on my 1st stage for more than 8 years/1240 dives, without problem. I travel with it frequently.

Follow the advice of those above. Years ago I used to switch my transmitter from one reg to another until the day I did something wrong; still not sure what I did. The more often you remove and replace the greater the chance of something going awry.

"The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask"
Always leave mine on the 1st stage.
I do actually use a 4 inch HP hose, that way the transmitter cannot be used as a "handle" while lifting the tank. Also if it ever rolls of falls over, hopefully there will be less chance of damage.

Usually travel with 2 sets (for Sidemount) in checked luggage.

High Pressure Double Braided Flex Kevlar Hose
Less than $20, don't forget you need the "air spool"

I've had my Perdix AI for ~100 dives and have left the transmitter on the 1st stage the entire time. I even left it on when I took my regs for service.

Another option is to replace your gauge on the SPG hose using the same spool. Clip it off in the front so there is less mass that can interfere with the signal between the transmitter and the Perdix.

full.jpg

I am not a fan of screwing transmitters directly into the first stage because it is too tempting for people to use it as a handle, intentionally or accidentally.

I have my transmitter on a stub (4") hose and a QD. I can protect it in a hard case with my DC for travel, and can swap in a gauge If I please/need. The hose off the first stage (on a swivel) is long enough to be in the configuration required for gauge use or transmitter. Shown here on my right side, and can go to the left for a gauge (clipped to my chest d-ring there).

upload_2018-12-12_18-51-49.png

YMMV

Thanks all!! I have a lot to think about. Will run it as is for a few dives.... The stubby hose sounds like a good idea.

Doc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom