Perdix 2 Energizer Ultimate voltage drop during dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wKkaY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Perdix 2 recently and used it on its first trip. A strange thing I noticed which is leaving me in doubt, is that the stock Energizer Ultimate battery voltage seems to drop a lot during the dive compared to pre-dive.

After only about 20 hours of diving it prompted me LOW BATT INT, after which I replaced the battery with a fresh one. The air and water temperature were around 20-25C.

Going by memory, during that dive I checked the battery voltage and it was about 1.4x V at depth, while on the surface it was about 1.6x V. At depth the battery bar looked about 20% full and red, while on the surface it was about 80% full and blue.

Does anyone else have this problem or did I just get a dodgy unit?

I bought a Perdix 2 recently and used it on its first trip. A strange thing I noticed which is leaving me in doubt, is that the stock Energizer Ultimate battery voltage seems to drop a lot during the dive compared to pre-dive.

After only about 20 hours of diving it prompted me LOW BATT INT, after which I replaced the battery with a fresh one. The air and water temperature were around 20-25C.

Going by memory, during that dive I checked the battery voltage and it was about 1.4x V at depth, while on the surface it was about 1.6x V. At depth the battery bar looked about 20% full and red, while on the surface it was about 80% full and blue.

Does anyone else have this problem or did I just get a dodgy unit?

Have you dived the new battery yet?

Re-check your selected battery type. I removed and replaced my battery. I was prompted to select battery type -- select 1.5V Photo Lithium.

I have had 2 cave divers tell me the same thing...they used the haptics minimally.

Have you dived the new battery yet?
Yes, I did a few dives on the new battery and it appeared full (just as it did on the first battery when it was fresh).

That sounds odd for a Perdix, though I do not have the Perdix 2, but the AI. Not much different between the two and I have never seen that type of consumption.
Was the vibrating feature used much during your dives?
Yes, I would say so. I had the Perdix mounted on my camera arm. The NDL alert vibration sometimes comes on in the middle of a video shoot and I leave it vibrating while I finish what I was doing, taking a minute perhaps.

Re-check your selected battery type. I removed and replaced my battery. I was prompted to select battery type -- select 1.5V Photo Lithium.
Quite sure I set it to 1.5V lithium (the other available choices wouldn't allow vibrations).

I have had 2 cave divers tell me the same thing...they used the haptics minimally.
Thanks that's good to know. I'll try keeping the battery in and run it flat and see how it goes.

It's just very surprising to see the battery gauge go from 80% to 20% during a dive and spring back up after the dive. I want to know if it's just a visual quirk or if the computer will really die.

If you download the dive into Shearwater Cloud it can show battery voltage as a line in the graph. Does that give any insights?

Back
Top Bottom