Pepe's dive shop Cabo Pulmo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprn

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if Pepe still has the dive shop and is it still in business?
Thanks

As of the first of September 2005, Pepe's was in operation, run by Pepe's wife. (Her mom is the Nancy of Nancy's.) Don't know for sure, but they didn't seem busy. On previous trips, I enjoyed diving with that operation. However, for a year or two before Mrs. Pepe stepped up, while Pepe was busily away setting up the aquarium, the business suffered, as other posters on these boards have attested. I hope that Mrs. Pepe is able to put it back on a more business-like basis.

When we were there in November of last year, we were told that Pepe was referring his business out to Cabo Pulmo Divers. We dove with Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, so I don't have first-hand knowledge.

Hello,
I will be in Cabo June 2006. I dive quite a bit and I have been down to Cabo but never dove the area. I may dive in June, any suggestions? Plus I read you are from Nevada. I go to Nevada every year at this one spot. How is it over by Emerald Bay?

Thanks,
Jim

In early June, the water is variable (you may need 7mm, or you may get away with a shorty!). By end of June the water is reliably warmer.

In summertime, as the water warms up, the visibility also generally improves.

In Cabo Pulmo, you pretty much go where the boat takes you. If the wind/currents are not acting up, they may take you near the sea lions, and you might get to see them underwater, moving at ridiculous speeds. There's a shipwreck that's formed some corals & inhabitants which is nice, and a couple of long reefs (don't look big, but they are reefs) which make a nice drift if the current is good. Groupers, hawkfish, angelfish, rays galore, parrotfish, amberjacks, etc.

I used the outfit which is not Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort in June 05 (basically, the closest dive outfit to the beach), Mario & his son. Cabo Pulmo Divers, maybe? Nice guys, cash/trav checks only; they'll let you rinse your gear out if you want despite the scarcity of fresh water (they may ask you to rinse theirs too :wink: )

Do a search to see dive reports for Cabo San Lucas itself. There should be a fair number of reports etc; also lots of nice diving just next door to the Cabo harbor. (Basically, it's so close to the Marina that your surface interval is back at the Marina).

Have a great trip!

Cabo San lucas is great for 1/2 Day trips you can Dive at 9:00am and be back by 1:00PM. Short boat rides 5minsand you can dive The sand Falls,sea lions colony,Neptunes Finger,And Three wall dives.There are so many fish you have to part them to get by.contact Baja Dive at www.baja-dive.net

Baja:
Cabo San lucas is great for 1/2 Day trips you can Dive at 9:00am and be back by 1:00PM. Short boat rides 5minsand you can dive The sand Falls,sea lions colony,Neptunes Finger,And Three wall dives.There are so many fish you have to part them to get by.contact Baja Dive at www.baja-dive.net

Before you take this post seriously please read this thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=149545
Baja likes to lie about his reviews. Look at his posts to determine his credibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom