PDC vs Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanjunkie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're doing a family trip to a resort near PDC. Been there before and enjoyed the reef dives right from the resort (Iberostar). Nothing spectacular, but nothing to complain about either. Haven't been to Coz. Looks like it would be a full day affair to get over there for 2 dives. Was wondering if the diving in Coz is worth the time & effort, and the likely heat I'll get from the wife if I leave her behind with the kids for the day. Are we talking night and day difference? Thanks

IMO, yes. Especially Palancar & southward.

Consider an overnighter with the fam at the Cozumel Iberostar so you don't take as much heat.

IMO, yes. Especially Palancar & southward.

Consider an overnighter with the fam at the Cozumel Iberostar so you don't take as much heat.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I get over there.

The diving would have to be really really good to drag the whole fam and stay the night!

if you decide to give it a whirl, try contacting matt at tankha in pdc. they used to run their own boat across to coz. a lot less hassle then taking the ferry and then having to get to/from the coz dive shop etc.

the diving in coz is not what it once was but there are still awesome coral formations etc to see on the southern reefs. most outfits will probably want to either know you or know you can handle the conditions though.

i hope you do plan on diving the cenotes south of pdc though. that for me at least was a much more adventurous and exciting new experience than coz was.

if you decide to give it a whirl, try contacting matt at tankha in pdc. they used to run their own boat across to coz. a lot less hassle then taking the ferry and then having to get to/from the coz dive shop etc.

the diving in coz is not what it once was but there are still awesome coral formations etc to see on the southern reefs. most outfits will probably want to either know you or know you can handle the conditions though.

i hope you do plan on diving the cenotes south of pdc though. that for me at least was a much more adventurous and exciting new experience than coz was.
Thanks, I'll check out TankHa....a direct trip would make more sense.

I did a few Cenote dives a few years back when it was too windy for the reefs. It was cool, but just not my cup of tea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom