PDC Cenote Guide Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Everyone! :happywave:

I'm going to Mexico for just over a month in January and want to do as much Cenote diving as possible! Any recommendations on shops or individual guides?

I'm doing a Socorro Liveaboard in mid-Jan but will be mostly based in PDC. BTW If anyone has any good suggestions for good & cheap accommodation please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

It's been a while since I've been there, but Mom's Hotel was cheap, within easy walking distance to multiple restaurants, and right next door to Protec. Divers from all over the world used to end up there.
Thx. Their site is under construction so I've sent them an email.

Cenote guide: Alessandra Figari of Cave Training Mexico. She was my full cave instructor in August and was excellent. She does cave and cenote guiding (for recreational divers). Her partner Peter also does cave/cenote guiding.

Cave Training Mexico

For hotel - I stayed at the Aventura Mexicana Hotel in PDC. It’s on a major street and very nice. There are two pools in the courtyard.

I did a review under Mexico if you’re interested. You can easily find it.

Cenote guide: Alessandra Figari of Cave Training Mexico. She was my full cave instructor in August and was excellent. She does cave and cenote guiding (for recreational divers). Her partner Peter also does cave/cenote guiding.

Cave Training Mexico

For hotel - I stayed at the Aventura Mexicana Hotel in PDC. It’s on a major street and very nice. There are two pools in the courtyard.

I did a review under Mexico if you’re interested. You can easily find it.
I read your write up and it was great, very helpful info. Thank you!

I'm ideally looking for a cheaper guide though. $250/day is pretty high for me. I will email them either way and enquire.

Thanks again :)

I read your write up and it was great, very helpful info. Thank you!

I'm ideally looking for a cheaper guide though. $250/day is pretty high for me. I will email them either way and enquire.

Thanks again :)
That $250/day was for cave training/cave guiding. May very well be different for recreational cenote diving.

Hi Everyone! :happywave:

I'm going to Mexico for just over a month in January and want to do as much Cenote diving as possible! Any recommendations on shops or individual guides?

Thanks in advance!
I highly recommend Nicolas from Cenote Xperience. I have been diving with Nico & Martin for about 10 years, they is are great guys and awesome dive guides. They have a small family run dive shop in Playa. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

I highly recommend Nicolas from Cenote Xperience. I have been diving with Nico & Martin for about 10 years, they is are great guys and awesome dive guides. They have a small family run dive shop in Playa. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home
Second this. I lived in Playa for two years and they ended up becoming my main shop. Great guys (Martin, Charly and Nico are great company for the drive as well as the dive), great divers, fair prices.

Back
Top Bottom