PCR test for Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
FYI. Starting the 18th December you need a PCR (swab) test to fly to Bali. Not older than 48 hours.

48 hours on departure or arrival?
Well, since there are only domestic flights to Bali this does not make difference. Hmm..of course when you arrive international at Jakarta it is indeed an important question, which I cannot answer. I guess arrival.

Definitely it’s for domestic flight, as 48 hours on international arrival would still not work for me coming from USA. So, I’ll wait until they relax that requirement.

Cocos (Costa Rica) requires 7 days, which is reasonable, as it took me 2.5 days to get the PCR swab test result and the flight time is about 3.5 hours from Houston to San Jose.

The flight from Houston to Denpasar is 24+ hours + 12 hours loss for crossing the international time line. So us American might just forget about going to Indonesia for the time being.

This rule is until 04 January. Anyway there are no tourist visa yet.

So us American might just forget about going to Indonesia for the time being.
It has already been forgotten.

48 hours on departure or arrival?

The rule is you need a PCR test that was taken 48hr or less from your flight departure time. So for example if your flight is as 13:00 on Wednesday you need a negative test that was taken any time after 13:00 Monday

Well, since there are only domestic flights to Bali this does not make difference. Hmm..of course when you arrive international at Jakarta it is indeed an important question, which I cannot answer. I guess arrival.

If you are flying international into Jakarta you will need a "valid" PCR test. Right now as of 15 Dec. Indonesia considered an international travel PCR test "valid" if its was taken with in the last 7 days. Right now they also do not require quarantine but it is recommended.

I know someone that just flew into Indonesia couple weeks ago from Sweden to do a CCR course with a friend of mine and he said it was very easy all they did was look at his PCR test when he landed and then check it again for the domestic flight from Jakarta to Lombok.

I just left Indonesia couple weeks ago for a work contract else where in the world and just needed a PCR test that was done within 72hr of my flight this was a Singapore Airline requirement. I will be heading back to Indonesia in a couple months for another diving trip hopefully by then with this vaccine coming out things will open up more and I can just enter on a simple VOA and not have to do the the B211A visa shenanigan's although with the new E-visa system its supposed to be a lot easier and quicker than it was be for.

Garuda has listed all the travel rules out very nicely https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/id/en/news-and-events/kebijakan-operasional-terkait-covid19

It has already been forgotten.

Not really I hold a US passport and I entered Indonesia on it couple months ago and plan on going back in a couple months for diving and like I just posted above someone I know just flew in 2 weeks ago from Sweden to do a CCR course with a good friend of mine. And another fiend just flew his girlfriend into Indonesia from the UK last month. And right now there are several Russian coming in daily. So people are getting in and its become more popular.

You can get into Indonesia on a business visa. Yes you need to use an Indonesian visa agency to get the visa and pay for it but it is possible. And its actually not that hard now with the new E-visa system from what I hear (i have not used this when I entered this was not in place yet)
The guy I know that just flew in used this company Apply e-VISA To Enter Bali Indonesia During Covid 19 Pandemic – Bali Visas He paid 6mil ($425) for the service and you get your visa in about a week

Not really I hold a US passport and I entered Indonesia on it couple months ago and plan on going back in a couple months for diving and like I just posted above someone I know just flew in 2 weeks ago from Sweden to do a CCR course with a good friend of mine. And another fiend just flew his girlfriend into Indonesia from the UK last month. And right now there are several Russian coming in daily. So people are getting in and its become more popular.

You can get into Indonesia on a business visa. Yes you need to use an Indonesian visa agency to get the visa and pay for it but it is possible. And its actually not that hard now with the new E-visa system from what I hear (i have not used this when I entered this was not in place yet)
The guy I know that just flew in used this company Apply e-VISA To Enter Bali Indonesia During Covid 19 Pandemic – Bali Visas He paid 6mil ($425) for the service and you get your visa in about a week
Happy to know you are claiming a business visa to go on a pleasure trip.
And people wonder why Covid keeps spreading.....

People be people. My hospital is short staffed because one of the surgery residents managed to get it in the community and then gave it to a substantial number of colleagues at work, probably while eating lunch as a team. They aren’t really sick, but off service for a couple of weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom