PC connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gae

Reaction score
I have dive computer Mares M1, I was wondering if it is possible to connect to the PC, without the dedicated interface, using IR port.
Anyone know?

gae

gae:
I have dive computer Mares M1, I was wondering if it is possible to connect to the PC, without the dedicated interface, using IR port.
Anyone know?

gae
Yes, using the Infrared PC interface.

Thank you,
I downloaded the iris software and I am trying connection, doesn't work for now but it is probably a problem of the infrared port. In the software connection setup I have to choose com number I tried all available com number from 1 to 4. Do you know which one is the right one?

Under Windows 98 - the Port specs should be listed under the IR option of the control Panel - XP requires an available IR signal before giving the option of a com port - however the default is frequently com 3 for XP. If you are using a laptop be sure that the com port has been enabled in the BIOS first as it may be disabled by default.

If you get it working please post back as I am considering the M1 myself and would love to be able to use the built in IR port.

If you are attempting to use an IR port on a desktop be sure it is a data IR port (ie not integrated into an Audigy sound card etc..) as frequently the IR port on a desktop is only for converting signals from a remote for multimedia content.

Tim

gae:
Thank you,
I downloaded the iris software and I am trying connection, doesn't work for now but it is probably a problem of the infrared port. In the software connection setup I have to choose com number I tried all available com number from 1 to 4. Do you know which one is the right one?

Check to make sure you have the IR port enabled in the BIOS.

I am using the ir of a portable computer, the IR is enable on bios but it doesn't work. On com3 I get "error to open the serial port", on com1 which is phisically on the pc I get a time out error. The only thing strange I do not find in the XP control panel the icon wireless connection but in system the ir port doesn't show any problem.

I am not sure but I think the software doesn't look to an infrared port but only for because is made for the IRIS interface which is connected to a serial port. So maybe a software change...

If you have the IR installed properly in windows XP it should display an icon in the lower right hand corner on the task bar showing the IR connections available. If this is not present go to the system properties in control panel, hardware tab, select Device Manager - make sure that the IR port is showing up there, if not it is not properly installed - if not you may have to manually install it through the add/remove hardware in control panel. (also make sure you are using the "Classic view" in the control panel - or else you will not see the wireless connection option initially)

Seems like I read somewhere about the software wanting it's own connection also - do a search for IRIS or Dacor Darwin as well as Mares M1 - If I find it I'll post back here again also.

Tim

lots of possible troubleshooting ideas here http://www.scubaboard.com/t24765.html

One that you might initially check is to make sure the baud rate of the IR port is set to it's lowest as the M1 may not be able to communicate at the higher speeds. (ahh reminiscent of the old days when you had to set all the protocols in windows 3.1 . . . or even more in DOS lol)

also a couple of people noted that the date format in windows has to be set to mm/dd/yyyy or the software will not cooperate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom