Pattaya in late september

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_Vladi

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks,
I hope you can halp me out with this.
I am planning a trip to Thailand, Pattaya in specialy, to dive and get in touch with the various Diveshops that offer Internships.
I was reading on the net that Mermaids should be good and I was looking forward to meet a few people from this shop. I am planning a internship next year.
Is it possible that somebody at mermaids could show me arround the shop and answer a few questions that may surface?

Thanks for your help so far...

Greetings

PS. Please excuse my english, its not my first language :fruit:

the_Vladi:
Hi folks,
I hope you can halp me out with this.
I am planning a trip to Thailand, Pattaya in specialy, to dive and get in touch with the various Diveshops that offer Internships.
I was reading on the net that Mermaids should be good and I was looking forward to meet a few people from this shop. I am planning a internship next year.
Is it possible that somebody at mermaids could show me arround the shop and answer a few questions that may surface?

Thanks for your help so far...

Greetings

PS. Please excuse my english, its not my first language :fruit:

Hi Vladi,

Although I'm not from Pattaya, I'm pretty sure that the folks at Mermaids will be more than happy to show you around. Crowley, one of the regular posters here works there, so I suggest you contact him.

Very soon, Aquanauts will be into this thread and tell you how good they are, I'm confident that they're also more than willing to show you around.

Have a look at both of them and choose where ever you feel best. If eventually you don't like Pattaya after all, there's more choices out there.:wink: :)

Thanks for your reply Limbo,
That is the reason why I first vistit Pattaya just for Holiday. It is allready expensiv enough such a internship.

I am really looking forward to the postings of the other two guys.

Hi Vladi!

You're welcome to pop into Mermaids any time you like when you're here - just let us know when you're arriving and I'll be happy to meet you and answer any questions you might have. I can arrange for our General Manager to be around and of course introduce you to some of our interns so you can talk to them about how they enjoy their time here.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about Pattaya or Mermaids then feel free to send me a Private Message or e-mail!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers

Crowley

Hello the_Vladi,

I sent you a more detailed Private Message, so I'll just make a few points here for others who might be considering the same.

Basically, we'd love to have you join us for your holiday diving and also to see our facilities and learn more about our DivingInstructorTraining.com internship program.

As I said in my PM, let us know when you are arriving and we'll send a driver to meet you at the airport and bring you down to Pattaya. No charge. Then we'd like to invite you to go diving for the day with us for free.

Diving with Aquanauts is the best way to experience our shop and our internship program. You'll dive with a mix of our tourist customers and our instructor and divemaster interns and have a chance to talk with them directly without any of the "management" around, so you'll get a true take on what our program is like.

Before you come, please visit our website at www.divinginstructortraining.com for full details on our intern program. Our main holiday diving website is at www.aquanautsdive.com.

If you have not booked accommodations yet, we can also help with that. We have exclusive partnerships with nearly a dozen 2-5 Star Pattaya hotels, allowing us to offer you lower hotel rates than you can get yourself simply by booking your room through our website. You can see hotel options and information at www.aquanautsdive.com/hotels/

There are many similar internships programs avaialble worldwide, but there are a few important things that make the Aquanauts program unique:

1) Aquanauts is as much as $1,100 less expensive than Mermaid's, depending on package.

2) We are the only instructor training facility in central Thailand with PADI Course Directors in house teaching courses on a daily basis.

3) We are the only center to offer a written guarantee that you will pass your instructor exam or we pay for another exam.

4) Only we offer a choice of free bonus courses. We have three packages to choose from - a PADI Master Scuba Diver pack, an EFR / DAN Dive Medic set and an Introduction to Tech Diving package. Each are worth $1,100-$1,500 and are included free with early enrollment.

5) Only Aquanauts offers a choice of equipment packages from Mares, Scubapro and very soon, Aqualung.

I look forward to hearing from you again. Feel free to contact us via PM or through our website so we can arrange your airport transter, hotel and diving!

Ringo:
Hi Vladi - must be very confusing for you now?
I recommend that you make your own way to Pattaya so that you feel under no obligations. Go and meet the various operations and their staff. From there you can see who you prefer.
Good luck!
Chantal

Sound advise, as always, Ringo!:coffee:

Thank you all for the replys, and good advises.
My flight is now booked and the confirmation should arrive in a few days.

@Aquanauts: Thank you for your generous offer. I am thinking about it. And I get back to you as soon as I have the flight dates.

@Crowley: Thanks also for your offer. I am looking forward to meet some of your guys!

Thanks

Vladi

Vladi - you're welcome! As before, any other information you need please don't hesitate to ask!

Looking forward to meeting you,

Crowley :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom