Pattaya diving and the flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkped

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have been reading about the rains and flooding in Thailand. I know that Pattaya is not flooding in the sense of water accumulating and staying in an area, so I don't suppose it is keeping the shops from running trips. Is it having an effect on the visibility which I know it is generally not very good at the Pattaya sites anyway? I will be in Pattaya the middle of next month.

I was out at Samae san a few days ago and the viz was even worse than normal. Dare say by the middle of next month the rains will have practically stopped and it will be a different story.

Was diving off the Pattaya far islands a few days ago, and the water was clear, blue and visibility around 15 meters. Everyone commented how unusually good the visibility has been.

Also, here is a report on this topic: High Tides Affect Recent Floods In Thailand

Diving report from above:

..... On the occasions that the flood sluice gates have been opened to release flood waters it has temporarily affected the visibility under water mostly in the Near Islands area, but generally our diving has been unaffected and visibility has been acceptable. If you are scheduled to arrive in Pattaya in the near future and if you use a little common sense while you are here there is no reason why you should not be able to have a great time here and some good diving as well.

Regarding Bangkok, timing, tides and flooding, see also, Bangkok Tide Charts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom