Patrick Swayze is dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While I did not care for Dirty Dancing I loved Roadhouse, and Next of Kin is one of my all time favorite flicks. Just heard on the news that he passed of pancreatic cancer. Not a good way to go. RIP Dude.

I will miss him. He seemed to be a decent person and made some darn good movies, too.

Not too often that a film star dies and is mourned by his loving wife of 32 years.

A quiet role model for us all.

I actually thought his best work was the television miniseries: North & South

He definitely had some great films, Red Dawn being one of my favorites. But then that movie came out when I was in H.S. so what teenage girl wouldn't lust over him! Of course Ghost was every woman's dream for a guy! So he did leave us with some great movies and memorable TV.

You do have to admit, it does take a heck of a man to play a drag queen!
towong02.jpg

My prayers are with him and his family! He will be missed!

Carolyn:shark2:

Hello Jim I echo your sediments and wish to add that I know Patrick fought hard and will be missed very much. As with a loss we all will face our own mortality in the end.
I hope to exhibit the grace and dignity I saw. My prayers go out to his family.
He lives on in his work and in the hearts of family and friends. Not to mention his loyal fans. "WOLVERINES!".........
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Point Break (check out the skydiving scenes!) and Roadhouse are cult movies for me! RIP, Patrick. Thank, Jim, for starting the thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom