patong to kon bon day trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys,

Do kindly advise.

Any recommendation for dive centre in Potong beach that does DAy trip to Koh Bon in December?

Done liveaboard early this year with no luck with Mantas, so this trip only day trips dives for me to Koh bon, if possible from patong beach.

Alternatively, any suggestion to Koh Bon, day trip, from other areas?

thanks guys.

Hi Tom,

I personally don't know of any companies that go there for a daytrip from Phuket, but that does not mean they don't exist.

I'd suggest you go a little further north to Khao Lak, I know there are a few companies there that go from there to Koh Bon (I use Sea-Bees). If you shop around you can probably find a boat of some description going there every day.

December may be a little early in the season, but sightings in the last year have been very good.

If you can't make Khao Lak then look into diving Racha Noi South Point (known as Plateau or Reyban Reef) - best chance of Mantas in the Phuket area.

Alternatively, any suggestion to Koh Bon, day trip, from other areas?

Your best chance for a daytrip to Koh Bon in December is to dive with a boat leaving from Khao Lak (Phanga Province).
Sea Bees Divers is one outfit that does daytrip dive tours from Khao lak to Koh Bon and offers good service on a comfortable boat.

did a liveaboard from Khao Lak early this year. Unfortunately no luck with Manta.

I told my wife, i will die a very sad man if I never get to see a manta in the wild, so Dec is my second shot. Its great that she believes :D

I am open to any suggestion offered.

Yes, maybe I should stay in Khao Lak for the day trips. As my main objective is to spot mantas, a liveaboard is out of the question for my wife:shakehead:

Hopefully is a lucky demcember for me so i can proceed to dive with seals, mola mola, dugong, whales, ok, i am dying an unhappy man...

Last edited:
South Siam Divers have Koh Bon Day trips on Wednesdays and Sundays, but be aware that they use the liveaboard for day trips and it can be crowded in high season. Pick up in Patong is 6:30am but the speedboat transfer is from Thap Lamu pier, just south of Khao Lak. Siam Adventure Divers based in Khao Lak will also have some day trips to Koh Bon.

Good luck with the Mantas!

Hopefully is a lucky december for me so i can proceed to dive with seals, mola mola, dugong, whales, ok, i am dying an unhappy man...

Don't expect too many seals, mola-mola's, dugongs and whales on your dives at Koh Bon in Thailand. If you do see any of those creatures on your dives at Koh Bon you're probably way too deep and completely narced!!
:crazyeye:

We will be putting a new boat out from this August and will be doing overnight trips down to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang. Not a speed boat, but a 60 footer with steel hull. The overnight stop will be on Phi Phi. Plenty of good chances to see mantas down there, it's our "Manta Point"! Our new website in a week or two will have all the details or I can PM you the pdf file.

Don't expect too many seals, mola-mola's, dugongs and whales on your dives at Koh Bon in Thailand. If you do see any of those creatures on your dives at Koh Bon you're probably way too deep and completely narced!!
:crazyeye:

u are so funny. kekeke!:lotsalove: maybe i will see mola mola at santa barbara island too.:rofl3:

We will be putting a new boat out from this August and will be doing overnight trips down to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang. Not a speed boat, but a 60 footer with steel hull. The overnight stop will be on Phi Phi. Plenty of good chances to see mantas down there, it's our "Manta Point"! Our new website in a week or two will have all the details or I can PM you the pdf file.

Yes please, appreciated:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom