Patching a Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cebudiver

Reaction score
My wing type BC's bladder has a cut and I have located it. I wont get into which brand wing it because that will lead to unecessary discussions. I need to know if anyone has a had any experience in patching up the inner bladder and some tips in doing so. Thank You.

If your hole is smaller than 3/4" of an inch (and I hope so) and the bladder is urethane, email me your address and I will send you some patches.

Best regards,

Patrick Duffy
OxyCheq
3812 Crossroads Parkway
Fort Pierce FL 34945
http://oxycheq.com
oxycheq@bellsouth.net
ph: 772.466.4612

Standard bicycle inner tube patch with aquaseal as the adhesive. I did this to a wing 150 dives ago, still works fine...

Patrick, thanks for the offer but I live in the Philippines. Its a long way to send those patches. I wrote OMS about this and they have been pretty good about this. They have not replaced the bladder yet but I got a letter from their president about replacing the bladder with a new one.

I finally got a definite NO replacement from the OMS dealer here in the Philippines on the tear in the BC. I took some aquaseal to it and a patch and it seems ok now. Great product this aquaseal. So I located the tear put the patch on it, and then closed everything up and proceeded to inflate the bc after an hour so that the sides of the bladder would not stick to each other. It's working great now. Does anyone know how sturdy aquaseal is given that the patch job is done properly?

I've used aquaseal for years on my kayak sprayskirt, in fact the skirt is about made of the stuff now :)... it's well sturdy and lasts for just about ever!

That brings back smiles. My DiveRite travel wing was punctured when I packed for Bonaire. Vince, another old time diver, and I went to the NAPA store in Bonaire and got a tire patch kit. We sat on the pier at Buddy's (then Lions Dive) and patched the bladder in front of enquiring eyes. That has been several years ago and the patch still holds.

Back
Top Bottom