passed the big 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glennster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
2021 was my 50th year as a certified diver. on new years eve did a two tank dive in marathon florida, and on jan 2nd. did my first dives of 2022, starting my 51 year. so much has changed over the years. anyway had great weather and visibility on the reefs there, and flat calm seas.

Are you now 50 years old or you have 50 years of diving?
My bet is on the 50 years of diving. Check the number of dives in the profile. I get to 50 years of diving in 2026 but I started when I was 5 years old!!

My bet is on the 50 years of diving. Check the number of dives in the profile. I get to 50 years of diving in 2026 but I started when I was 5 years old!!

I already have 50 years of diving but I am still very young with lots of signs of wisdom and maturity.

Are you now 50 years old or you have 50 years of diving?
50 years of diving. first certified in 1971 padi basic cert. then in 1975 florida institute of technology jensen beach, international open water cert and commercial training. currently hold rescure and nitrox cert. was a water safety instructor and a first aid instructor for the red cross.

Congratulations. I personally still have a few years to go to get there.

Congratulations. I have maybe a few years to go and will not get there....

This is all chicken feed. I reckon that that @Sam Miller III has over a century of diving! We’ll never catch him!

Congrats to the OP, no small thing.

I took my YMCA course in 1966 and a NAUI course in 1968. Same instructor. He would not give me my card until I could bench press a steel 72 ten times. Puberty helped with that. So, let's see, counting from 1968 though I had been diving on my own solo from my parents boat and shore for two years, I think I begin my 54th year as a diver. And, I have been an active diver each and every one of those years, some more than others.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom