Parts and service for DSS gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the alternatives for obtaining parts and service for DSS gear? In particular:
  • Repair service for wings with leaks
  • Correct replacement parts, such as the elbow and gasket, which has slight dimensional differences from the ones sold by DGX and others that will lead to leaks due to the mismatch
  • Consumable accessory items, like the rubber bumpers that hold the backplate and wing together

repair service-DIY essentially
The elbows and gaskets are standard, they should not be leaking... Tobin did injection mold his own, but I have swapped them to other wings and have used ones from at least Dive Rite on my DSS wings *long story about proving a point with a pull dump elbow* and they were perfectly fine. The DSS ones are better, but they all fit and I never had any leak problems.
The nipples you're probably SoL on. You can try to call Northeast Scuba Supply who may have some of that stuff in stock in the back and buy what you think you'll need.

Check with Randy at Piranha. He picked up a lot of DSS’ stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom