Partial pressure blending

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flmedic89

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
question for the masses...I have access to a compressor so air fills for me are accessible 24/7. That being said I want to go out and buy my own O2 tank so I can partial pressure blend my own nitrox. What is the cost of a just say 200 or 300 medical grade O2 tank? Trying to see if it’s cost effective...

Most gas houses won't sell you either a Medical grade or an ABO cylinder.

I have a couple of welding cylinders I verified O2 clean, and I boost my own ABO into them. Then I use them to PP blend nitrox.

Lease to O2 tanks from a gas supplier and swap them out when they a empty. No need to buy

Best advice I got on the subject was to buy the "Oxygen Hacker's Companion".

21/bottle you can't get med grade, welding grade is fine. Yes it is, don't argue, lol

21/bottle you can't get med grade, welding grade is fine. Yes it is, don't argue, lol
Yes, it is. As long as it’s for you and not for sale.

Yes, it is. As long as it’s for you and not for sale.

We were one of the first shops selling nitrox anywhere. We've been using 1000cu' of oxygen in our shop every week since about 1986. Guess what, almost every big named tech shop in Florida was using welding grade helium for nearly 2 decades. It's perfectly fine. If you don't believe it, go see how a welding tank and aviator tank are filled exactly the same way, from the same tap.

@wwunder Not sure about that. I was paying ~$30 a month for bottle leases. Started buying them used for $150-$300 private market and doing simple swaps.
@Superlyte27 Interesting. I'v heard others say the same. With the HE shortage going on do you think welding grade vs UHP will more promising to obtain? Average price difference? I dont even have access to any Hawaii for an "unspecified" amount of time. Luckily still have ~600cu' but starting to worry.

Yikes, that's high price for A lease. We're paying $6 bucks for lease.

72$ a year. 10 years on you have paid for it twice and it still isn't yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom