Parker Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
That's in southern AZ, for those of you that don't know. Only about an hour from me.

Viz today about 5', Temp 73. Only got down to about 20'. Very silty, mossy bottom, but not bad as long as you stay off it. Lots of tall weeds along the edges, almost feels like diving in a miniature kelp forest. Saw some trout swimming through the "kelp" and a crawdad hiding under a rock. Not the best place to dive, but it's close (to me), it's free (no entry fee), and it's quiet (hardly anyone around during the week). Had a couple of tanks that didn't get quite used up this past weekend (just over 1000 psi) and I couldn't let the air go to waste, so I got a couple of 30+ minutes dives. It was nice to get wet and weightless! :D

Rob,
I am still up for some weekday diving.....Have you tried Pena Blanca??? about the same distance...Letme know, I am getting shriveled.......
Mary

Mary, Pena Blanca is full of weeds. Shore access is also rather difficult. Most of the areas near shore are too shallow. You can drive to the parking lot near the fishing area, but there is usually someone fishing there, and it's quite a walk down to the water. The best way to dive it is with a boat, and it's just not worth the trouble.

We'll be up at Lake Pleasant during the week a couple of times in November. Let me know if you're interested in joining us.

Dive-aholic:
Mary, Pena Blanca is full of weeds. Shore access is also rather difficult. Most of the areas near shore are too shallow. You can drive to the parking lot near the fishing area, but there is usually someone fishing there, and it's quite a walk down to the water. The best way to dive it is with a boat, and it's just not worth the trouble.

We'll be up at Lake Pleasant during the week a couple of times in November. Let me know if you're interested in joining us.

Any takers on friday 14th? Lake pleasant

Sorry, Can't dive on Friday, but I am diving Tuesday afternoon and probably Wednesday.

Let me know if anyone is available.

andresrumis:
Any takers on friday 14th? Lake pleasant

is that Diving on Tuesday the 18th and Wednesday the 19th?

If so I'm up for it.

-dan

How about Thursday? I'm planning on being at Pleasant around noon for a couple of quick dives before picking up family at the airport.

Dive-aholic:
How about Thursday? I'm planning on being at Pleasant around noon for a couple of quick dives before picking up family at the airport.
Rob,
I saw in other threads that you are planning to be in Pleasant 31,1,2 of november, is that right? I would like to join you at leat for a dive over there, let me know .
Thanks,
Andres

Rob,
I am working the 31, but would like to join you on the 1st and 2nd....that is if you are planning on being up there....I soooo need to get out and get under. If not, i am sooo up for a weekday dive early Nov.
Let me hear from you!!!
MAry

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been out diving.

I will be at Lake Pleasant the 31-2. Look for the big silver van parked along the water off Desert Tortoise Rd. I'll get there Monday afternoon and leave Wednesday afternoon. If anyone wants to, just come on out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom