Paralenz settings with lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdmp

Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently having a love / hate relationship with my Paralenz. For natural light photographs / videos, the quality is better than my GoPro 7. For the DCC (Depth Controlled Color) setting on Green (and White Balance off) the photos / video come out better than I remember the dive (Ocean / California ).

However, any use of lights / video lights overly saturates the pictures in red. For DCC set to Green, White Balance off, it overly saturates in Red. For DCC off, White Balance on Auto, it overly saturates in Red. Any combination of settings doesn't seem to have an effect. WB on Auto is the recommended setting for filming with video lights. DCC and WB can not simultaneously be on or off, one must be on at all times.

Does anyone else have this issue when using lights? What settings do you use? I am getting tired of my photos / video being unusable after dives......

Attachments

• Sailboat_1_unmod.jpeg
    Sailboat_1_unmod.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
Curious as to what depth your diving? Also what Paralenz are you using? It is my understanding that the Vaquita has a very sensitive light sensor and doesn’t need additional lighting. Have you by chance tried to video without additional lighting?

Glenn

DCC without light
WB with light
Just switch from one to another by 3 short pushes on the command

DCC without light
WB with light
Just switch from one to another by 3 short pushes on the command

So those were the settings I was using and it still resulted in over exposure (WB was on Auto). I emailed Paralenz and they told me to update the firmware, which I just did. Hopefully I will get to try it out next weekend and see if it make a difference.

Update - the firmware was updated to version 1.5.4 (the latest) and that fixed the issue! I would recommend to all owners to upgrade to the latest version if they are experiencing any issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom