Paradise Island ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYPI

Registered
Reaction score
Just booked a few days at Atlantis. Any information on a good ds or specific dives would be appreciated. Thanks and happy diving.

' Mike

Stuart Cove's is the biggest and best known operator on New Providence/Paradise Island. They pick up from all the major hotels, including Atlantis, although I think their route makes you the first picked up and the last dropped off.

If you like sharks, the shark feeding dive is a rush. You'll definitely want the video as a souvenir.

TCB:
Stuart Cove's is the biggest and best known operator on New Providence/Paradise Island. They pick up from all the major hotels, including Atlantis, although I think their route makes you the first picked up and the last dropped off.

If you like sharks, the shark feeding dive is a rush. You'll definitely want the video as a souvenir.

Thanks for the reply. I heard some good things about Stuarts. Would you know if they do nitrox fills? Any other good spots or better yet wrecks in the area? Although shark dive is at the top of the list.

Thanks again...

Mike

Hi Mike,

We used Bahama Divers http://www.bahamadivers.com/ when we were there. They pick you up and their shop/boats are about 5 minutes (or less) from the hotel. Reefs we went to were ok. We visited one wreck that was great in about 65 feet but I don't remember the name.

I so badly wanted to do the Stewart shark dive but couldn't convince my buddy!

Stuart Cove's operates from that side of the island, but they will pick you up from and drop you off to the Atlantis in their bus for free. The best dive sites are those along the "tongue of the ocean", a mile deep drench that runs between New Providence and Andros. We experienced outstanding conditions with 100' vis on these dives with the best coral. Plus, as it is close to the shark feeding sites, you get the sharks for no extra charge.

I believe SC is offering nitrox (about $15 a tank) Another Nassau only adventure is the DPV wall flying dives that SC offers. These are a blast and they only take up to six divers on the boat. Another cool site, although the vis is not as good is the Bond wrecks. This is a collection of props, boats and planes that have been used in various 007 and Jaws movies dating back to the Vulcan bomber used in Thunderball. It is just a frame covered with coral now, but it a pretty cool dive, especially on a DPV.

Thanks for the suggestions...Sharks, Bond props, a wall on a DPV and wrecks! The only thing is I don't know if I can handle 100' vis being from the northeast. Maybe theirs a specialty I can take before I leave.... cool.

Yes, go with SC they are the best there....good helpers and all. it's a great operating. the shark feed is a must and of course you got to have the DVD to proof it. they will pick you up and drop you off at the end of the day. and their boats are not cattle boats either. at least when i was there.

My wife and I are currently in Nassau and dove with Stuart's Cove yesterday. We had already prebooked some dives with them for our trip, but wanted to do a dive with one other shop. Nassau Scuba Center is gone, we can't find Dive Dive Dive, and will look for Bahama Divers today. So we dove with Stuart's Cove instead.

Stuart's Cove is the vending machine approach to diving. The boats have a 24 diver capacity and up. We were lucky to only have 18 divers yesterday. The place is pretty hectic with all the divers going to different boats. The service is ok. Since it seems to be the best (maybe only) option, make sure you book ahead of time and save yourself some money. Also, if you plan on bringing your own gear you might want to plan on schlepping your gear back and forth from your hotel. They do have a very small open area (no lockers) that they say you can leave your dive gear in if you are doing several dives. I took one look and it and decided I would not be leaving a couple thousand dollars worth of dive gear there.

If you want to do Nitrox you can get their unlimited nitrox for 3 days for $50 deal. It will save you money and you will be a lot less tired.

Also their boats are well equipped with radios, first aid kits and stocked O2 kits, however they don't have heads.

The water is currently 84 degrees at 50fsw and an amazing 89 degrees at the surface. A wetsuit will not be needed, except for the shark dive when it is required.

I will post a full dive report next week with further information.

renpirate:
My wife and I are currently in Nassau and dove with Stuart's Cove yesterday. We had already prebooked some dives with them for our trip, but wanted to do a dive with one other shop. Nassau Scuba Center is gone, we can't find Dive Dive Dive, and will look for Bahama Divers today. So we dove with Stuart's Cove instead.

Stuart's Cove is the vending machine approach to diving. The boats have a 24 diver capacity and up. We were lucky to only have 18 divers yesterday. The place is pretty hectic with all the divers going to different boats. The service is ok. Since it seems to be the best (maybe only) option, make sure you book ahead of time and save yourself some money. Also, if you plan on bringing your own gear you might want to plan on schlepping your gear back and forth from your hotel. They do have a very small open area (no lockers) that they say you can leave your dive gear in if you are doing several dives. I took one look and it and decided I would not be leaving a couple thousand dollars worth of dive gear there.

If you want to do Nitrox you can get their unlimited nitrox for 3 days for $50 deal. It will save you money and you will be a lot less tired.

Also their boats are well equipped with radios, first aid kits and stocked O2 kits, however they don't have heads.

Dive Dive Dive is/was located "around the corner" on the (?) canal, from Nassau Scuba
Center.
I had heard, unofficially, that DDD has gone, or will be going, the way of NSC.

DDD was a good company, that had fallen on some hard times in the last few years-allegedly due to problems from within and without.
I last dove with NSC in April, 2004. I enjoyed there service, but a few things were looking neglected, even then-not up to the standards their reputation had indicated.

Sad,if true, because the "extra cattle boat feeling of SC will probably get more intense (worse??).

renpirate:

The water is currently 84 degrees at 50fsw and an amazing 89 degrees at the surface. A wetsuit will not be needed, except for the shark dive when it is required.

I will post a full dive report next week with further information.

Andy,

Thanks for the up to date report. Hope your vacation is going great and can't wait for your follow up next week.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom