Paradise Island vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Taking a vacation to Paradise island next month. Anyone heard any good / bad reviews about Bahama Divers? Thanks

We stayed at Atlantis and dove with Stuart Coves for 4 days.

My wife and I dove with them last month. We both had a great time. She did her advanced open water certification and I did a couple of dives. Less crowded than Stuart Coves although I did enjoy the shark dive with them. I would dive with them again.

I did the shark dive and took a photo class from them. I wish I was back there right now. I hate being land locked!

There's only realy two choices of mainstream dive ops out here Bahama divers and Stuart Coves. BD is a bit more relaxed and quieter. SC's is very busy since they run snorkel, sub experience, resort dives and at least two scuba boats every day.
Best advice? Try both. BD's has alot of shallower reefs and the lost Blue Hole (extra $20) SC's has the Wall, Shark dive and a plethora of wrecks.
If you can stand the pace of coves, (it does get busy) that's where you'll find a vacation!
BD has the dive shop (expensive) and is closer to Paradise Island. Cable beach and it's resorts are about equidistant to both set ups.
SC's is better diving. I'll defy any one to call me on that! If you get to Ray of Hope on a calm day, get to plummet over the wall with sharks all about and still ascend to investigate the 120 foot wreck right next to Bahama Mama (another wreck) all in one hour long dive!! you cant go too far wrong!
But try both if you've the time. The bus ride to SC's is a killer.
Up side? you won't go wrong in either case.
Enjoy!

I dove with SC along my son. While diving, with my younger son my older son did his OW dives. Nice part at the time my younger son was diving on a Junior OW cert and dove for free as ling as he was diving with me.

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately, because of the aftereffects of a cold (couldn't clear ears), I decided to go snorkelling 2 afternoons with Bahama Divers. There were approx. 6 divers / 12 snorkellers on each trip. They went to some shallow (18-20 ft) reefs on the Eastern Point of the Island. Viz was 50+. Nice, laid-back operation, and the ride from the Comfort Suites (very good hotel) was a few minutes (in their van). If I return to that area, I would definitely dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom