Panama city FL liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickym96

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone dove with The Bennett Dive co. out of Panama city FL? If so what was your experience like? I have been thinking about trying them out but have never been on a liveaboard and do not know what to expect or look for in a good operation.

I'm curious as well. I dive PC extensively and can't imagine what a liveaboard would do there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

According to the Florida liveaboard thread I just read, Bennett Dive Co doesn't start operating until May of this year.

James

Okay, I may be really wrong here, but their boat, the 'Samantha Marie' looks an awful lot like the old Easy Going out of Fort Lauderdale. I know the old owners retired and put the Easy Going up for sale quite awhile ago, but I never heard what became of her. It appears that now I know. As I said, I could be wrong, but I spent a week on that boat, and I know her pretty well. My pictures of the Easy Going look identical to this one, and if it is not the same boat, then it is her twin sister. They don't show any interior shots of the Samantha Marie, or I would know for sure. From the listed specifications, it really sounds like a match. Perhaps someone else can tell us if that's really her, or if I am full of beans?(again?):confused: If it is her, I hope they did something about those paper thin mattresses on the bunks:shakehead:, but otherwise I really liked the boat, and there is a long review of that trip buried somewhere here in Scubaboard in my old posts. Have a look, if she interests you-:wink: Woody

---------- Post added January 5th, 2014 at 01:34 PM ----------

Update! After a little digging, I saw that the Easy Goin' (the final "G" is omitted- I forgot that:D) was put up for sale again in May of 2012, and I am now just about certain that this is now the Samantha Marie. I rechecked the pictures I have of her here in my Scubaboard photo album, and there is almost no doubt. Let's see what you guys think. Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom