Palawan--Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisDur

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I have 2 and one half weeks off during Christmas. Though not divers (we'll get there some day) we thoroughly enjoy the mask and flipper thing. I've posted before on "ScubaBoard" and gotten some fine help. We've spent time in some great areas of Australia, Papua, Malay-Indonesia. This will be our 1st time to the Philippines. I've gotten some good replies from Bungalow-Type Resorts (our style) in many parts of the country. I'm edging towards Palawan --- Hence my question.

I'm looking for advice on any area that has fine islands to "Explore" "Hop" "Cruise"....etc. I know I'll be spending some
time inland looking at birds and such ---- but mostly coastal
and islands. Port Barton and up to El Nido seem to be my
1st option so far..........

Any ideas about (any parts) of the Philippines are appreciated. I'm not looking for the greatest single place to snorkle per say, more of an (area) with days of trips possible.

We're very appreciative and always treat people well. This summer we'll be spending time in Sabah, Sulawesi, and Eastern Bali. All great spots. Seeing some charts of the Philippines though has prompted my question.

I've been fortunate to swim with pelagics and such and also great reef time. I find myself more and more swimming in gullies next to beaches looking for leaf mimmics, crustaceans, catfish, and small shells. Not exactly nitrox.

My family has a bit of history from the war in this country. I'll save that trip for the next time. Just looking for a nice simple place to stay (or area) with great islands.

Thanks,
Chris Durniak Chico, California

check out club paradise in coron, palawan. they have a great housereef for snorkeling where you can see giant clams, turtles, jacks and lots of critters. there are a lot of nearby islands to explore including a safari in calauit island where there are giraffes, zebras and other african animals that have made it their home. service at the resort is tops too.

Boracay seems to be an all-time favorite for many first timers. Great place to go around in, you have caves, islands, snorkeling, golf, windsurfing, jet skis and others at reasonable prices. And since you are there anyway, why not get scuba certified as well.

Thanks for the replies. Our style is usually "remote". Hopefully that makes sense. Just a bungalow, decent food, and whatever the area has to offer. I've looked into Club Paradise and it does look nice. I really appreciate the time you've taken to write. Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom