Palauan Music from MALO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grafvonhattn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

take a listen at Malo´s new album X-Factor. Malo is a Palauan artist whose father Toshiro Paulis was on of the first to discover Palau´s beautiful dive grounds in the 60s.

X-Factor is a mixture of Reggae, R´n B, Soul, Dance and Palauan Cha Cha. The album is produced by MoFo, an American based producer at Roll ´Em Studios in Palau. Malo already performed for the Survivor production from GMA/Philippines and is a well-known artist all over the Pacific.

Don´t confuse Malo with a band called Malo or X-Factor the TV-show!!! :wink:

Great music from Micronesia!!!

Malo Palau | Ngermid, PW | World/Reggae / R&B / Soul | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Malo on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Malo Palau | Facebook

The album is available on CD Baby, DigStation and iTunes, too. Or ask a local store for a copy on your next trip to Palau/Koror!

PS: I´m just a friend, not a manager! :)

I was intrigued by your post as I have had some of my most amazing diving experiences in Palau. I have such fond memories but have been looking for something that could "take me back to the islands". Thanks to your post I finally found a piece of Palau that I can take with me wherever I go!

I downloaded the album from iTunes and was really surprised by the diversity of sound. I am not the biggest fan of reggae but something about it always reminds me of the diving. I am happy to say the blend of reggae is quite pleasing as it has elements of rhythm and blues, acoustic, and ballads. It's one of those albums that's easy to listen to from start to finish. Nothing too hard or too soft. Very nice!

Thanks so much for turning me on to some new music that fits in so well with my "diving" playlist!

Diver in Denver

Glad you like it:) Its always nice to know your music is liked and appreciated. I will continue to create more,..... as soon as I finish the X-Factor promo tour. Til then, enjoy and tell your friends about it too.

Thanks,
Malo Paulis

Back
Top Bottom