palau trip report - the good, and bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a quick counterpoint, we paid a fortune to fly to the other side of the world; booked an early dive for the next day and then spent the night listening to drunks playing in the pool of the hotel. We asked for a room change, but no others were available and apparently, that hotel had no rules regarding late night noise. It is hard to enjoy even a world class dive when yawning through it. Which ever side you take, there are concerns... But, I think that the hotels could work with some happy middle ground so that everyone gets something.

I`ve been to Palau in March for 2 weeks. I`ve stayed at Sea Passion and dove with Sam's Tour also for 2 weeks. I had Jim, Costa and Alexandra as dive guides and all were great. We had no problems underwater, either was a huge current at Ulong Channel or reef hook. We dove most of the dive sites there and i can tell one thing for sure. There are no dives that match at the same dive site. Today you may see less, but next day we saw a huge ammount of fishes.

Here is the footage of my last 2 days there ‪Palau - p1‬‏ - YouTube and on the right you can see other Palau movies. I dont know why, but i want to return there in January 2012.

Ps: helicopter ride its a must for those who get there. ‪Helicopter ride over Palau, Micronesia‬‏ - YouTube

My girlfriend and I are headed to Palau in mid September. Hoping the weather isn't too bad. If by chance it is and Sam's decides to stay in the inner reefs, what are some of the better alternatives to German Channel?

My girlfriend and I are headed to Palau in mid September. Hoping the weather isn't too bad. If by chance it is and Sam's decides to stay in the inner reefs, what are some of the better alternatives to German Channel?
Wreck of Iro and the Helmet wreck.
Having dived with Sam and on liveaboard(Big Blue), I wouldn't bother with land based dive in Palau ever again. No more long bumpy boat ride. You would have finished the dive at Blue Corner before the day boats arrived. How many day boat would go to Pelileu?

Back
Top Bottom