Palau Siren - Any experience or tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandH

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

Booked myself and my girlfriend a trip with Palau Siren?
Anyone travelled with them with any review or some "good to know" tips/tricks to share?

First time on a liveboard so if some kind souls have any tips it would be highli appreciated!

Thinking of bringing DJI Mavic and gopro. Is it accepted with drones, and which filter/lenses for gopro is recommended in these waters?

What might be relevant for you (from Norway) is using the red filter that is for blue water rather than a green water filter. I'm guessing it might be a possibility that you would use a green water filter in the Atlantic

i've seen drones flown off the palau aggressor, not sure if there any specific regulations for palau. either go with the palau royal or the west malakal if you need to spend the night, the cove and sea passions aren't worth the money.

I had a crappy experience on it a few years ago... so hopefully you will have a better go at it. We stayed anchored at the same anchorage for 5 days straight and dove the same two sites over and over again. Crew was also fighting with each other. But I guess we had a better time than my friends who were on it when it hit the reef and sank a couple years later. Best of luck to you...

We were on on it for a week 8 years ago before the sinking. It was the best diving of my life. Great crew, capt and dms, and very good food. A+ service. I wanna go tomorrow! Diving terrific! Go go go.

I've been on the Palau Siren. Had a very good week. Crazy Italian DM took our group everywhere... Even places we shouldn't have been. You will love Palau. Food is good, crew is nice. Basically it will be dive, eat, sleep. Not necessarily in that order. If you think you want to skip a dive during the day, ask a DM for advice so you don't skip a great dive.

Wow guys, thank you all for the replies! :grouphug2:
Seen there's been kinda rough ride for Siren fleet previous years, but giving them benefit of doubt in this one. Seems like a great boat and reviews seem good but wanted to hear from this community so..
Thank you for sharing your experiences!

We have almost two weeks in Palau before going onboard so considering Yap aswell, worth it?

i've seen drones flown off the palau aggressor, not sure if there any specific regulations for palau. either go with the palau royal or the west malakal if you need to spend the night, the cove and sea passions aren't worth the money.
Sea passion was the one I was looking at recently, seem like a good deal with renovated rooms and around 130$. So no to that? Inbetween Sea Passion, Palau Royal and Palau Central, can't make up my mind.. (We have in total 2 weeks on land in Palau)

What might be relevant for you (from Norway) is using the red filter that is for blue water rather than a green water filter. I'm guessing it might be a possibility that you would use a green water filter in the Atlantic
Thanks! I'll go by the local photoshop and get some then! I'm going with flipfilters so be sure to pick up some extra red.

if they renovated and dropped the prices then sea passion might be a better choice now. when i checked in 2017, rooms were 150+ and they didn't look that great. palau royal was only slightly more and looked nicer.

@SandH,

When is your trip? Some friends and I will be aboard the Palau Siren the first week of February.

Also, pack lightly. I lived in shorts and t-shirts, sometimes just wearing my swimsuit too, which are more like shorts. Maybe you want to bring 1 sweatshirt or pants just in case, but I've never needed it on board. And everyone goes barefoot. Very casual and laid back, but the schedule can be rigorous between diving and eating with a small break in the afternoon for a short siesta. In Palau, I did not do many of the night dives and was told they were nice but I didn't miss anything special. YMMV. Have a great trip! You will love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom