Palau or Similan liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lung2828

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I have a week off next week and looking to do a liveaboard (first time). I'm considering Palau or Similan.

By reputation, I would think that Palau is the better choice, not considering cost, travel time, etc. However, I never been to both places and don't know recent conditions.

Any input would be appreciated!

Lung2828:
Hi Everybody,

I have a week off next week and looking to do a liveaboard (first time). I'm considering Palau or Similan.

By reputation, I would think that Palau is the better choice, not considering cost, travel time, etc. However, I never been to both places and don't know recent conditions.

Any input would be appreciated!

Hi,
I've never been to Palau but twice to the Similans; but from what I've heard and if money is not that important, I'd really go for Palau... Similans are nice but there are so many dive boats around... Concerning conditions, it might also be too early since main season starts beginning of November... Visibility is for sure better in Palau, too.

i've not been to palau but i heard that it's the best place to go. similan is good too and it's definitely much cheaper than palau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom