Palau May 8th Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlpjr1966

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks

I made a reservation on Palau Aggressor II for the May 8th departure. Love to hear from anybody who is gonna be going or has been. I am gonna be looking forward to this for the next 5 months. Its kinda nice to have something like that to look forward to :wink: Gonna hang out in Guam for a few days on the way back.. not sure what to expect from that... but should be interesting and never know if I'll ever get back there.

John

Hey John. Went on the Palau Aggressor in Dec 2000 and it was amazing. Going again Feb 05. Let you know how it is this time. Love the Aggressor boats. In fact I have 3 booked for next year. Yeah!

divebuddy68:
Hey John. Went on the Palau Aggressor in Dec 2000 and it was amazing. Going again Feb 05. Let you know how it is this time. Love the Aggressor boats. In fact I have 3 booked for next year. Yeah!

You think people really need an exposure suit in Palau? I have dove off Cozumel in July and Belize in Nov and I didnt use or need one..but Aggressor seems to recommend 3 mm.

I get cold easy but was never cold in Palau with just a skin. I was in Belize in Feb and was cold in a 3mm so that should give you a good idea of how warm the water is in Palau.

John,

Check out my trip report on the Palau Aggressor -- dove it early last month. You'll love it there. Say hi to the staff for me: Doug, Cap'n Mike, Amanda, Lorenza, Ike, Hector, Marie, Totoy. They'll take good care of you. The best thing is the hot towels after each dive. I dove with a 1 mm and was fine. May water temps should be OK with just a skin, unless you get cold easily. I dove in July last year and wore only shorts and a lycra dive shirt.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t79300-.html

marpacifica, as i see you are also from SF- how long did it take you to get there? I'm scheduled for the end of march and then was planning travel and it's looking like 30 hours! ouch, did it take that long for you and how did you deal?

I also get cold easy. I dove the Aggressor March 2004 with a 3 sleveless shorty underneath a 3mm suit, and a 3 mm beanie! It didn't make much difference on dive 1 and 2 of the day, but by the night dive (dive #5) people were getting cold and I wasn't.

Say hello to the gang for me.

divebuddy68:
I get cold easy but was never cold in Palau with just a skin. I was in Belize in Feb and was cold in a 3mm so that should give you a good idea of how warm the water is in Palau.

lee3:
marpacifica, as i see you are also from SF- how long did it take you to get there? I'm scheduled for the end of march and then was planning travel and it's looking like 30 hours! ouch, did it take that long for you and how did you deal?

Lee3,

Sorry for the late reply -- I haven't checked this forum for a while. Yes, the trip to Palau is a long one. I didn't take it in one straight shot though. I used Continental frequent flyer miles, SFO-IAH-HNL-GUM-SPN, then stayed on Saipan for a few days to de-jetlag, visit and take care of some business. I had booked my Palau trip separately from Saipan back in June last year. 40 minute flight from Saipan to Guam, then another 1 1/2 hours to Palau after a brief layover in Guam.

Are you planning to go to Yap, too? Might as well while you're in the area. I'm regretting not going there the whole two years I lived on Saipan.

Hey, if you're gonna be in town, there's an underwater photography guru who's doing a slideshow at Fort Mason, Friday 1/14, 8 p.m. Details at wetpixel.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom